Below, you will find answers to some of our frequently asked
1) How long do I have to clear an absence?
Two weeks. This includes submitting the online report on a
2) How can I report an absence?
If your student will be absent from school for any reason, you
can clear the absence in one of four ways.
By Email - fill out our webform completely.
By Phone- 916-395-5130 ext. 508030 or
pressing option 1 from School Greeting
By Note – MUST include:
- Student’s full legal name
- Date of absence (must be inside body of message)
- Reason for absence
- Guardian’s printed name and signature
- Parent contact number
In Person - at the Attendance Office
in the Main Office at Rosemont High School.
3) How can I request an early dismissal?
If your student needs to leave school early for any reason, you
can have them dismissed in one of three ways.
In Person (best method) – at the Attendance
Office in the Main Office at Rosemont High School. Parents,
guardians, or a parent representative (who must be listed on the
emergency card or listed in Infinite Campus) will be
required to show a valid ID before taking a student off campus.
By Note - Note must include:
- Student’s full legal name
- Date and time of early dismissal (must be inside body of
- Reason for early dismissal
- Full legal name of person picking up student, if not
Parent or guardian printed name and signature
- Parent or guardian contact number
We no longer accept online requests for early dismissals.
Early dismissal requests submitted via the absence reporting link
are automatically denied.
4) How long does it take once I have submitted a request for an
absence to clear?
It can take up to 3-5 school days in peak times. We apologize for
the delay. If after 5 school days, you still don’t see the
absence cleared, please contact us.
5) My student was marked absent, but was at a school sponsored
activity (ex: sport, club event, field trip)
If you have been marked absent due to a sport, extracurricular or
other school-sponsored activity, please see the procedure below:
Please allow 3-5 school days for processing before
contacting the school.
- If after 3-5 days the absence is not cleared, you first need
to contact your coach, sponsoring staff member or club advisor.
The coach, sponsoring staff member or club advisor will need to
contact the Attendance Office on your behalf.
- If you do not get a response from your coach, sponsoring
staff member or club advisor – contact an administrator for your
assistance. The administrator will contact the coach,
sponsoring staff member or club advisor and inform them to
contact the Attendance Office.
It is school policy that the absence must be cleared by
the coach, sponsoring staff member, or club advisor. We cannot
accept parent/student requests for correction of this absence
type. Any attendance correction form received related to an
absence of this type will be automatically denied.
6) My student was marked absent, but wasn’t absent to a class.
How do I fix that?
Please inform your student to obtain an Attendance Correction
Form located at the Attendance Office window to request changes
to absences marked in error. Tardies are not able to be amended
unless they are incorrect.