Cash for College
6:00 pm-8:00 pm
Complete your FAFSA or Dream Act Application at our Cash for College Night on Tuesday, October 20th from 6:00-8:00 PM
Make sure you have these numbers or documents handy for both you and your parents to complete your FAFSA or Dream Act Application
· Social Security number (SSN) or Alien Registration number.
· Driver’s license number.
· Federal tax information or tax returns (W-2 and IRS 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ).
· Cash, savings, and checking account balances.
· Details about investments, like stocks, bonds, business or farm assets, or real estate (except the home you live in).
· Records of some untaxed income, including child support, interest income (also known as dividends), and veterans noneducation benefits.
Before our Workshop, you should apply for your FSA ID. This is how you will sign the actual document. Here’s the site to apply for your FSA ID. Remember to write down your login and password because you will need that for the next four years!
Remember you will need an FSA ID and so will your parent, so each of you need to create your FSA ID. If you have siblings, or parents who already complete FAFSA, they may already have an FSA ID that they will use for your application.
At our Cash for College Night, we will have specialists for FAFSA and the Dream Act. Families earning less than $185,000 may qualify for financial aid. Our goal is that you receive all of the “free” grant money possible. Our local community colleges are free for new students for 2 years, but you must complete the FAFSA or Dream Act to receive that benefit.
We will be launching our FAFSA / Dream Act / and College Applications through the California Colleges.edu portal. This will ensure downloads of your transcript into the applications. If you haven’t signed back into your CCGI account, do so before that night so that it is easier. Here’s the info: www.californiacolleges.edu Your login is usually your student email address (some used personal addresses – you can email your counselor to ask). The password was changed to Graduate2021 for all seniors. You can change that when you log in.