California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
The club meets every other Tuesday at Lunch in E- 106
What is CSF?
Founded in 1921 by Charles F. Seymour, the California Scholarship Federation (CSF) is a prestigious club organization established to recognize high achieving students living in the state of California.
CSF is a state-wide club dedicated to academic achievement and community service with a mission to foster high standards of scholarship, service, and citizenship.
Membership and Policy
All Prospective CSF members must complete and return an application to be considered approval into the club.
- Letters will be passed out to potential members containing application forms at the start of each new club term (spring/fall)
- The student’s record for the previous term must have no grades lower than C.
The application includes a point system based on courses taken and the subsequent grade received in each course.
Grades do not count for CSF points if earned in the following courses/conditions:
- Physical education
- Subjects repeated to improve a grade,
- Courses involving clerking or office/ teacher assistance
- Courses taken on a pass/ fail basis
Membership is for one term only and may be renewed whenever the student again meets the requirements.
Types of Membership Status & Requirements for approved CSF Members
Active Membership Status
Every semester, members must:
1. Complete a minimum of 5 hours of service:
- (2) hours of after school peer tutoring
- (3) hours of outside community service (Volunteer Verification Forms required)
2. Pay $5 club due. The due may be waived
*Will be considered inactive if requirements not met
Life Membership (Seal Bearer) Status
1. Complete at least four semesters of Active Membership
2. One semester must be completed during Senior Year
3. Active Membership during freshman year does not count towards Life Membership
Benefits of Life Membership
1. Award of the official CSF Life Membership pin.
2. Eligibility for special CSF Life Membership scholarships from selected colleges.
3. The CSF Chapter Seal on diploma, and an indication of seal bearer status on permanent academic records and transcripts.
4. The CSF Chapter Seal on a Life Membership (4 term member) or 100% (6 term member) certificate.
5. Awarded with CSF graduation stole – (Must have achieved Active Membership for a minimum of 4 semesters and have earned at least a 3.75 Cumulative Weighted GPA)
6. Awarded with CSF graduation cord – (Must have achieved Active Membership for a minimum of 4 semesters but obtained less than 3.75 Cumulative Weighted GPA OR (Must have achieved Active Membership for a minimum of 3 semesters and a 3.5 Cumulative Unweighted GPA
CSF offers peer-tutoring Wednesday after school in E106 from 3-4 P.M.
*Members volunteering as tutors must sign-in and sign-out with the session’s designated CSF officer on the actual tutoring day.
To earn credit you MUST stay for the entire hour.
Members can also tutor in the mornings Mon.- Fri. 7:15-7:45 A.M.
Sign-in and sign-out with Mr. Prashar. You MUST stay for the entire half hour.