A Special Message for Seniors
April 19, 2016
We met with all seniors last Friday to review senior information, including the Graduation Ceremony participation criteria and important dates and instructions. Your senior should have brought home a gold handout with everything we discussed.
Here is a quick review of the most critical items from the assembly:
In order in the Graduation Ceremony, students:
1. may not have more than twelve (12) periods of unexcused absence in the 4th quarter. Only illness, required court appearance and death in the family are excused. Family travel is not an excused absence.
2. may not have more than six (6) tardies in the 4th quarter
3. may not receive a principal suspension in the 4th quarter
4. may not have any unserved teacher or administrative detentions
5. must pass all of the classes required to meet SCUSD graduation requirements and must have met all SCUSD graduation requirements, including Senior Project.
6. must attend the full graduation practices – one practice on Monday, June 13th from 2:30 – 4:00 p.m. in the Rosemont gym and one on the day of Graduation, June 14th, from 8 – 10 a.m. at Memorial Auditorium.
General Graduation Information
The Graduation Ceremony is on Tuesday, June 14th from 7 – 9 p.m. at the Memorial Auditorium. Students must report to the Memorial Auditorium by 5:45 p.m. Doors open for the public at 6:00. The Ceremony begins promptly at 7:00, and doors will be closed at that time.
Each senior will receive ten (10) tickets to Graduation. If families would like additional tickets, students must find other seniors who are not using all of theirs. We will not provide seniors with more than 10 tickets. Seniors will receive their 10 tickets on senior check-out day, which is Monday, June 13th. Each guest must present a ticket at the door in order to enter the Auditorium. Children 2 years old and under do not need a ticket, but must sit on a parent’s lap. Strollers are not allowed in the Auditorium. We also do not allow balloons or noise makers in the Auditorium.
For other information regarding Graduation and other end-of-the-year dates, please ask your senior for his or her gold handout. The information is also posted on our website under senior information. We just added information about ordering cap and gowns, as well!
June 14th 7:00pm – 9:00 pm at Memorial Auditorium
Graduates receive 10 tickets at senior check out day on June 13th. Each guest must present a ticket. Children 2 years old and under don’t need a ticket but must remain on a parent’s lap. Do not bring strollers. If more tickets are needed it is the graduate’s responsibility to ask other seniors if they have extras.
Important Dates and Times
April 28th – Jostens on campus –pick up ordered Senior Announcements and taking orders for Cap and Gown – Lunch time only
May 5th-12th - Senior Project Presentations
May 14 – Senior Ball 7:00pm – Arden Hills Country Club
May 16 – Clear all outstanding debts. Deadline for completion of Aventa classes and Independence study contracts.
June 7- Senior Finals per. 1&2
June 8 – Senior Finals per. 3&4
June 9 – Senior Finals per. 5&6
June 9 – Senior Awards 6:30pm- Auditorium
June 10 – Senior Sunset 5pm – Pool
June 13 – Check out day/Cap and Gown pick-up 12:30pm – 2pm – Library
Upon completion of check out process and receiving tickets; proceed to Cap and Gown pick-up with envelope you have been given indicating that you are cleared for graduation.
Senior report time to Memorial Auditorium 5:45pm
DOORS OPEN AT 6:00pm – Ceremony begins promptly at 7:00pm
Note: no balloons or noise makers allowed inside.