A Special Message for Seniors
March 12. 2018
Senior parents and guardians of seniors going on the senior trip – if you have questions or would like to drop off your senior trip packet, Crystal and Clear Travel will be available Tuesday, March 13th in the library from 6:30-7:30 pm. Otherwise please be sure to mail ASAP.
A reminder that participation in the Graduation Ceremony is an earned privilege, not a right. Administration reserves the right to exclude any student from participating in this ceremony for any reason. Graduating seniors must meet the following criteria in order to participate in the Graduation Ceremony:
- Maintain 95% attendance in the 2nd semester
- Have no more than 6 tardies in the 2nd semester
- Have no un-served teacher or administration detentions
- Have no outstanding fees. Diplomas will be held until all fees are paid.
- Have no administration suspensions in the 2nd semester
- Pass all classes required for Graduation and must have met all SCUSD graduation requirements
- Attend both Graduation practices.
Several of our seniors have already been excluded from participation in the Graduation Ceremony because they have failed to meet one or more of the requirements. We also have a number of seniors who have already accrued several tardies and are in danger of not being eligible to participate in the ceremony. Seniors may not be tardy between 1st period and the last period of their day more than 6 times in the second semester. We are calling in students who have multiple tardies and counseling them about the need to arrive at all classes on time. Please know that these requirements are indeed in place, so please monitor Infinite Campus to check for attendance and tardies.
Seniors who are on the No-Go list may not attend Senior Ball or the other end-of-the-year senior activities. Please talk with your senior about maintaining good attendance, good behavior and passing grades.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions!