A Special Message for Seniors
May 21, 2017
Here are some important reminders about Graduation:
1. Students may not be on track to graduate for one or more of the following reasons:
A grade of F in any class required for Graduation
Having not completed a required course through AVENTA online credit recovery by the deadline of May 30th
Having not met all SCUSD Graduation Requirements
Students who are on track to graduate may not be able to participate in the Graduation Ceremony for one or more of the following reasons:
A suspension in the 4th quarter
More than 6 tardies in the 4th quarter
More than 12 periods of unexcused absence in the 4th quarter
Seniors who are not on track or may not be able to participate in the ceremony will receive two Messenger calls each week in order to keep families informed.
2. There are two mandatory practices for Graduation: Students must attend both.
Thursday, June 8th from 3 – 4:30 pm here at Rosemont
Friday, June 9th from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm at Memorial Auditorium
3. Senior checkout is Thursday, June 8th in the library from 1 – 3:00 pm. After senior checkout, students will receive their cap and gown. They must have their receipt. If they wish to purchase a cap and gown at this time, they must bring cash.
4. Seniors may not decorate their caps in any way.
5. A reminder that signs, balloons, and noisemakers are not allowed in the Auditorium because they may disturb other guests. Graduates are not allowed to hold flowers, stuffed animals, or other gifts during the ceremony.
6. Each senior will be given 8 tickets to Graduation. Seniors may acquire extra tickets from other seniors who do not need all of their tickets. They may also purchase up to two extra tickets for $10/each and may be purchased until Friday, June 2nd at 3:30 pm. The maximum is still two tickets per graduate.